Life is often very busy and stressful. This can cause headaches, which also triggered by fatigue, allergies, eyestrain, poor posture, alcohol, low blood sugar, hormones, and nutritional deficiencies. Getting relief when a headache strikes is a top priority.
Here are a few ways to help overcome headaches in a natural, healthy way:
- Peppermint Oil and Lavender Oil - Peppermint oil generates a long-lasting cooling effect on the skin. It also stimulates a significant increase in skin blood flow of the forehead and it soothes muscle contractions. Lavender oil is commonly used as a mood stabilizer and sedative.
- Capsaicin Cream - The active ingredient in this cream is cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper can stimulate your body’s circulation and reduce acidity.
- Feverfew - Feverfew reduces inflammation, which takes pressure off the nerves and helps to prevent migraines
- Butterbur - This herb that reduces the inflammatory effect of chemicals that trigger headaches, especially migraines. Butterbur also acts as a beta blocker, resulting in normal blood flow to the brain.
- Magnesium - Magnesium can block the pain-transmitting chemicals in the brain, and it can improve platelet function, which will help your body react to injuries and prevent bleeding.
- B-Complex Vitamins - Many B vitamins are involved in the formation of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, which may be deficient in people who suffer from migraines. A B-complex vitamin includes a group of eight water-soluble vitamins: thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin and pantothenic acid..