Happiness comes from within and people that arehappy tend to follow a certain set of habits that create peace in their lives.Learn to apply these habits in your own life and theres a good chance youllbe happy too.
1. Let go of grudges - Letting goof a grudge frees you from resentment, anger, hurt and negativity and allowsmore space for positive emotions.
2. Be kind - Kindness is proven tomake you happier. When youre kind toothers, your brain produces feel-good hormones and neurotransmitters likeserotonin and youre able to build strong relationships and foster positivefeelings all around.
3. View problems as challenges - Regardingproblems as a challenge or new opportunities is a way to change for the better.
4. Express gratitude - Beingthankful for what you have makes you better able to cope with stress, have morepositive emotions, and reach your goals.
5. Dream big- Dont limit yourself.Dreaming big means opening your mind to a more optimistic, positive state.
6. Dont sweat the small stuff Letlifes daily irritations roll off your back.
7. Avoid excuses - Takeresponsibility for your mistakes and missteps, and then use the failure as anopportunity to change for the better.
8. Live in the present Be in thepresent in whatever youre doing right now, and take time to really be in the present moment. Avoidreplaying past negative events in your head or worrying about the future.
9. Dont compare yourself to others Dont measure your own worth by comparing yourself to those around you.Measure your own success based on your progress.
10. Surround yourself with positive people- The saying misery loves company is entirely true. Choose friends who areoptimistic and happy themselves you will be surrounded with positive energy.
11. Stop looking for approval Staytrue to your own heart and dont get caught up in the need for outsideapproval.
12. Nurture relationships Maketime for friends, family and your significant other.
13. Meditate - Meditation helps youkeep your mind focused, calms your nerves and supports inner peace. Researchshows it can even lead to physical changes in your brain that make you happier.
14. Eat well - What you eatdirectly impacts your mood and energy levels in both the short and long term. Eatingright can prime your body and brain to be in a focused, happy state.
15. Exercise - Exercise boostslevels of health-promoting brain chemicals like serotonin, dopamine, andnorepinephrine, which may help buffer some of the effects of stress and alsorelieve some symptoms of depression.
16. Live minimally - Clutter isoften a source of stress that prompts feelings of anxiety, frustration,distraction and even guilt.
17. Be honest - Every time you lie,stress levels increase. Telling the truth boosts your mental health and allowsothers to build trust in you.
18. Establish personal control - Avoidletting other people dictate the way you live. Opt to take control and fulfillyour own goals and dreams.
19. Accept what cannot be changed -Everything in your life is not going to be perfect, and thats okay. Learn toaccept injustices and setbacks and put your energy on changing what you cancontrol.