Whether you love pop, rock, heavy metal, country, classical,jazz or rap, listening to music can help promote wellness both physical andemotional. Listening to upbeat music fora workout, or relaxing music for meditation or sleep, can help you change yourstate of mind and release chemical in your body that promote a better state ofbeing.
Here are some ofthe benefits of listening to music:
· Relieves Pain Music can distract you from pain,including pain from arthritis or an injury, or post-surgery.
· Elevates Mood Happy music stimulates release ofmood-enhancing brain chemicals, such as the neurotransmitters dopamine andserotonin, which can ease depression and burnout making you feel more upbeat.
· ReducesDepression and Anxiety - When youre feeling down, listening to upbeat musiccan help pick you up.
· ReducesStress Your favorite tunes may help reduce blood pressure, ease anxiety,lower heart rate and breathing rate, and ease pain by triggering biochemicalstress reducers.
· MotivatesYour Workout - You'll go further, with more intensity and less discomfortif you listen to music while exercising. This works partly through the power ofdistraction.
· ImprovesSleep - Listening to mellow or classical music has been shown toeffectively treat insomnia making it a safe, natural alternative to prescriptionsleep-inducing meds.
· Helps YouEat Less Some research suggests that playing soft music and dimming thelights while dining can help people slow down while eating andultimately consume less food in one sitting.
· Induces aRelaxing State - . Listening to slow musical beatscan alter brainwave speed, creating brainwave activity similar to when aperson is meditating. Using a rhythmic stimuli (such as music) to induce thesestates can have a therapeutic effect, easing symptoms of migraines, PMS, andeven behavioral issues.