The healing powers of owning a pet goes beyond justgetting in a few more walks with your dog and extra exercise playing with yourkitty. Pets are important members of your household and having a cat or a doghas proven health benefits.
· BolstersImmune System - People who pet dogs or cats experience an uptick inimmunoglobulin A, an antibody that bolsters the immune system and helps fightoff colds, and other diseases.
· LowersBlood Pressure Even after a hard day or a stressful event the simple actof petting, talking or playing with your pet can help lower blood pressure andthats good for your heart and mind.
· Reducesstress and Anxiety The soothing and care caring act of repeated pettingour furry friend acts as a calming agent and can reduce stress and anxiety bylowering your heart rate.
· ReducesDepression and Loneliness - Just knowing that you have a pet to care forcan take away the feeling of loneliness and depression. Pets also provide unconditionallove. They dont judge you and that can make you feel less depressed. They arealways there for you and happy to see you.
· IncreasesPositivity - Owning a pet gives you a sense of purpose and belonging thatcan increase feelings of positivity becauseit can help release Cortisol (a stress hormone that can damage your body) inyour blood and raise levels of the feel-good brain chemical dopamine, meaningyou'll feel better emotionallyyou'll be happier and more positive.